About The Teacher
Since its inception in 2015, NuDance has always been a firm promoter and teacher of body positivity, body acceptance, self-love, and respect, while teaching elements of dance via nude dancing.
This particular workshops’ purpose, while simultaneously promoting body positivity & body acceptance, is to:
- Help men get in touch with their bodies
- Love & appreciate their bodies more
- Develop healthy & respectable attitudes towards others bodies
- Broaden self-awareness and vulnerability with other like-minded men
- Create beautiful movement together using each others energy, breath & movements
Focusing on oneself is first and foremost. Now, by being nude, this helps to “shed” layers, literally and metaphorically speaking. Clothes provide a layer of defense and comfort from the external elements of everyday life, however, they also provide a shield to further hide from our selves and others. The idea of removing our “costumes”, AKA Clothes, further challenges ourselves to truly be honest within, especially within the exercises, in a safe, judgment-free, and instructor-led environment.
The workshops include:
- Movement Introduction circle
- Meditative movement & breath warm-up at a slow, moderate tempo and pace
- “Brain game” exercise
- Butoh-influenced improvisation exercise
- Contact Improvisation
- Sound healing & meditative music