Nov 11 - 15, 2020 (5 days)
Dec 2 - 6, 2020 (5 days)
Feb 19 - 23, 2021 (5 days)
Mar 12 - 16, 2021 (5 days)
Apr 16 - 20, 2021 (5 days)
May 14 - 18, 2021 (5 days)
About The Teacher
Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), Lecturer BA Hons/ MSc
Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, and is currently finishing a 7 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof.
He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work had been around reconnecting people to themselves, to each other and to nature.
In his twenties he was one of Ireland's top whitewater kayakers, leading expeditions to most of the most remote locations on the planet, including Iran, the Himalayas and Ethiopia to name but a few. He has 20 years experience guiding people in some of the most adventurous mountain and river environments on earth. As he evolved into a leading and highly qualified outdoor educator, he became convinced of the healing power of nature. After several near death experiences and the trauma of losing some of his friends to the river, Rob turned to Jungian psychology, yoga and meditation to rehab his body and mind. He has been practising yoga intensively since 2008, and teaching since 2015 when he trained as a Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) on Maui, He has also completed yoga and meditation trainings in Mexico, India, Guatemala and Spain.
- Graduate Diploma (Level 9) in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Dublin City University)
- BA (Hons)/ MSc (Trinity College Dublin)/ CEP (IEP Grenoble, France)
- Member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (pre-accredited)
- Qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies
- 6 years training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies
- Professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science (Berlin)
- Trained with the Jung Society of Ireland
- Trained as a Wilderness Quest Facilitator in the US
- Trained in Trauma Release Exercise (TRE)
- Professional experience as an Adventure Therapy facilitator in the US
- Experienced Holiotropic Breathwork practitioner
- MI qualified Mountain leader, 6000m peak trekking leader, international Class 5 river guide
- Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) and meditative yoga teacher
Read more about Rob's own journey here:
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be. Alan Watts